Wednesday, January 12, 2011

LOVE DARE #9

Day 9: Love Makes Good Impressions

THINK OF A SPECIFIC WAY YOU'D LIKE TO GREET YOUR SPOUSE TODAY. DO IT WITH A SMILE AND WITH ENTHUSIASM. THEN DETERMINE TO CHANGE YOUR GREETING TO REFLECT YOUR LOVE FOR THEM.

It's been a long day at work. You walk through the door to greet your spouse and immediately hear, "My day was awful! The kids did this - or my coworker did that. I wish we had more money, I wish you'd help more. I'm drained, I'm exhausted - I'm wondering why you're avoiding me again." Sound familiar? Tooooo familiar?

When you greet your spouse, knock their socks off. When they think of you, make sure they can't wait to experience the joy, peace, and love they feel when they're around you. Home is our safe haven. Regardless of how the day went, first greet with warmth, enthusiasm, and thankfulness to see one another - every time.

Remember the story in Luke 15:20 - the father ran to greet and embrace his prodigal son? Imagine the story (the detrimental results) if the father would have complained instead. So, what's your story?

VERSE FOR TODAY'S DARE: "Greet one another with a kiss of love" (1 Peter 5:14).
THOUGHT FOR TODAY'S DARE: Run, don't walk to meet, greet, and increase the heat in your home. (It's okay - it's "Fireproof!")

Make this an "impressive" day,
Dale and Susan

(Want to take it a step further? Purchase the “Love Dare” book by Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick for additional information and to record your results.)