Sunday, January 23, 2011

LOVE DARE #20

Day 20: Love is Jesus Christ
 
DARE TO TAKE GOD AT HIS WORD. DARE TO TRUST JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION. DARE TO PRAY, "LORD JESUS, I'M A SINNER. BUT YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR LOVE FOR ME BY DYING TO FORGIVE MY SINS, AND YOU HAVE PROVEN YOUR POWER TO SAVE ME FROM DEATH BY YOUR RESURRECTION. LORD, CHANGE MY HEART, AND SAVE ME BY YOUR GRACE."
 
We're halfway through the LOVE DARES and halfway until Valentine's Day! Question - have you made your reservations? Smoking or non-smoking? I'm not talking about your favorite restaurant (but do that, too). I'm referring to your eternal reservations.
 
What's that mean? When our journey on this earth is complete and our purpose is fulfilled, how can we confirm we’re going to heaven? It's simple. First, we recognize our sin and ask for forgiveness. Because God loves us, He sent His Son, Jesus - who never sinned - to die in our place on the cross - as payment for our sin. PAID IN FULL. You can be confident of confirmed reservations in heaven when you ask Christ to come into your heart - then seek to live a life pleasing to God - and experience the unexplainable joy!
 
To begin this personal relationship with God, follow the THREE A's to a new life.
 
1) Acknowledge your sin
2) Ask for forgiveness
3) Affirm your belief by praying a prayer like this:
 
Dear God, I understand I am a sinner and I thank you for forgiving my sins. I believe Jesus died for my sins. I accept His merciful gift of eternal life and I ask you to come into my heart. From this day forward I choose to follow You in humble obedience and earnestly seek Your will for my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.
 
Regardless of where you've been or where you are in life, be assured that God loves you and has a purpose for your life. His arms are open - for you. Rejoice!
 
VERSE FOR TODAY'S DARE: "While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly" (Romans 5:6).
THOUGHT FOR TODAY'S DARE: Want a marriage made in heaven? (Yes, yes…so is thunder and lightning.) Love your spouse as Christ loves you - with all the flaws and imperfections. Only through God’s power - can we do this fully.
 
Blessings for a "heavenly" day,
Dale and Susan Crook
 
If you prayed this prayer for the first time, please let someone know! It's exciting - it's life changing – it’s heavenly!
 
(Want to take it a step further? Purchase the “Love Dare” book by Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick for additional information and to record your results.)