Friday, October 30, 2020

PROUD to be an American - So, I Cast My Vote Today.


I am proud to be an American and cast my vote today. Yep. Got the sticker. Right there.

 

Granted, it’s just one vote out of 200+ million, but each one adds up – like drops of water in the ocean. Voting is my right – and my opportunity to show that I’m committed to my beliefs, to my country, to this world, and to you - my friend and my neighbor. I want the best for our country, as I’m sure you do, too. While we may not agree, we are fellow citizens with the freedom and privilege to make our voices heard. There were those before us who struggled, fought, and even gave up their lives for us – and our freedom so that we could…vote. 

 

In addition, the most – the MOST – important thing we can do for our country and this election – is pray. I had a friend express to me the other day that she was extremely anxious and worried about this election’s outcome. I responded to her, “It’s simple – God already knows the outcome – and He will use it (our preference or not) as a steppingstone toward His perfect plan.”

 

As difficult as this election is – as divisive as our country has been - and will probably continue to be – Christians can hang to Matthew 12:21, “The nations will put their hope in His name.”

 

My hope is in the Lord – that we will seek His will – not mine, not yours. Seek what He has prompted you to do. And then rest. Rest in the peace that God can and will do things – in situations – that we don’t always like or understand, but we can trust Him. He’s ultimately the superior in charge, not a president in an oval office.

 

Together, we’ll get through this year, and the next, and the next. Do your part – and I promise. God will do His part.